Bus Rider Rules
Please review these rules periodically with your child:
- Be at the designated school bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. Always cross in front of the bus and wait for the driver's signal.
- Wait for the bus in an orderly manner. Be mindful of the rights of property owners.
- Stay off the street at all times while waiting for the bus. Do not move toward the bus until it has been brought to a complete stop.
- Drivers may assign seats to students for safety or disciplinary reasons. Students must not stand or leave their seats while the bus is moving.
- Remain in the bus in the event of a road emergency until instructions are given by the bus driver.
- Be absolutely quiet when approaching a railroad crossing.
- Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times. Do not throw anything out of the bus windows.
- Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times. Never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
- Food and drinks are not allowed to be consumed on the bus.
- Keep books, packages, coats and other objects out of the aisles. Do not leave books, lunches or other articles on the bus.
- Be courteous to fellow students, the bus driver and the bus aide. Help look after the safety and comfort of younger children.
- Observe safety precautions when leaving the bus. Wait for the signal from the bus driver allowing you to cross.
- No balls allowed on the bus. In order to ensure the safety of all passengers and the driver we cannot permit any type of ball on the bus.
- Electronic devices are not permitted on the bus. Students are expected to keep their phones off as outlined in Board Policy. The District reserves the right to confiscate any electronic devices brought on the bus that distract the driver or other passengers. The District is not responsible for any items that are lost, damaged or stolen.