Board Meeting Highlights 7/12/2018
Board Meeting Highlights
Christina Ricordati, Eric Connor, Blake Harvey, Mary Win Connor, Kim Rostello, Shannon Wood, Kyra Tyler
Reading of Mission and Vision Statements
District 91 Mission Statement: Our mission, in partnership with home and community, is to educate each individual child in a safe and nurturing environment.
We will foster respect and self-worth, teach skills relevant to contemporary life, and promote academic success and creative expression.
We will encourage an appreciation of the rich cultural diversity of our community, and instill a sense of wonder for the future to enable our students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens of the world.
District 91 Vision Statement: Forest Park Public School District 91 will be acknowledged by all as a safe, nurturing and diverse learning community that establishes the highest standards for innovation and continuous improvement to achieve excellence and global citizenship for each individual child.
Consent Agenda Items - All Consent Agenda Items were approved.
- Special Meeting Minutes - June 2, 2018
- Regular Meeting Minutes - June 12, 2018
- Financial Data as Provided by the Township Treasurer’s Office
- Destruction of Any Recorded Executive Session Minutes of December 2016
- Closed Session Minutes to Remain Closed for January 2018 through June 2018
- Personnel Items
- Consider Recommendation to Accept the Resignation of a Special Education Instructional Assistant at Betsy Ross School, Effective 6/14/2018
- Consider Recommendation to Accept the Resignation of a Special Education Resource Teacher at Grant-White School, Effective 6/27/2018
- Consider Recommendation to Accept the Resignation of a 5th Grade Teacher at Field-Stevenson School, Effective 7/5/2018
- Consider Recommendation to Employ a 3rd Grade Teacher at Grant-White School for the 2018-2019 school year
- Consider Recommendation to Employ a Director of Innovative Instruction for the 2018-2019 school year
Closed Session Minutes of June 12, 2018 - The Closed Session Minutes of June 12, 2018 were approved.
Fourth Quarter Financial Report
The FY2018 4th Fiscal Quarter Financial Report represents the financial activity of District 91 from April 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018.
Quarterly dashboards with budget indicators for revenue and expenditures are attached. Also attached is a quarterly dashboard report displaying the year-over-year number of months of reserve specifically for the operating funds (Education, Operations & Maintenance, Transportation and Municipal Retirement/Social Security).
FY2019 Tentative Budget
The Board reviewed the FY2019 tentative budget. The tentative budget is attached.
The presently projected revenue is based on the following assumptions:
- Property tax revenue increase of 2.1% (per December 2017 Consumer Price Index)
- 3% appreciation of Equalized Assessed Value (EAV) for current Tax Year 2018 (subject to change prior to final budget adoption)
- Base Funding Minimum of approximately $1,500,000 for state revenue
The presently projected expenditures are based on the following assumptions:
- Allocation for outplacement student tuition based on current enrollment and an assumption of at least four new enrollments
- All presently known stipend increases for teachers capturing advanced coursework credit hours
- Math curriculum materials adoption for PFMS
Further updates to expenditures will occur as personnel are hired for the following positions:
- 5th Grade Teacher at Field-Stevenson
- 7th Grade Math Teacher at FPMS
- Special Education Instructional Assistant at Betsy Ross (3)
Board of Education Policy Revisions/Additions/Amendments for First Reading
The Board of Education’s policy committee will have a first reading of the policy revisions/additions/amendments.
Back to School Block Party
The District 91 Back to School Block Party is on August 16th from 5 - 8 pm! Join us for a night of fun and register your student(s) for the 2018 - 2019 school year!
For all the registration dates and information, please visit www.forestparkschools.org/registration. The first 50 students registered at each school, beginning August 6th, will receive a free ice cream treat to be claimed at the Back to School Block Party! For all the details about the Back to School Block Party, please visit www.forestparkschools.org/backtoschool.